Virginia State Legislative Update
Please contact your state senators and representatives in opposition
to the following bills:
- HB 1550:
- Class 6 felony for being in possession of a firearm while tending or
in possession of marijuana plants.
- HB 1551:
- Lowers kingpin threshold from 500 kilos to 10 kilos.
- HB 1449:
- Expands current provision which makes possession of a firearm during
possession of any schedule I or II drugs a class 6 felony.
- HB 2466:
- Allows forfeiture of vehicles & money in drug sale cases.
- HB 1375:
- Increases penalties for selling or giving drugs.
- SB 790:
- Includes weight of seeds and stems when determining sentencing in marijuana
- SB 634:
- Lowers kingpin threshold even more than HB 1551.
Dial 1-800-889-0229 toll free to speak to your legislators.
Virginia's legislative session is short, so please call this month.
For more information,
Rt. 3 Box 692,
Crewe, VA 23930.
If you like what you see here and want to get these bulletins by e-mail,
please fill out our quick signup form at http://www.drcnet.org/signup.html.