- National Medical Marijuana Day
- Of all the hypocrisies of the War on Drugs, the most absurd and barbaric
is the practice of arresting sick people who have turned to cannabis for relief of their pain and suffering.
- The Patients
- Jacki Rickert of Mondovi, WI, and Scott Hager of Santa Cruz, CA, are
two of the "illegal" medical marijuana patients who will be in attendance at Lafayette Park on Tuesday.
- Organizing Groups
- NORML, CAN, MAPS
- Personality Feature: Rick Doblin
- One of the movers and shakers in the drive to expand our medical options
is Rick Doblin, president and founder of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies
- State Laws
- 35 states have passed laws allowing the medicinal use of cannabis,
most recently Massachusetts, in 1992.
- What You Can Do
- Popular opinion and the legislatures of 35 states are on the side of
medicinal availability for cannabis.
- DRCNet in Action: Jan Pleas Gets Mixed Results
- DRCNet members and other supporters staged a letter writing campaign
to Judge James Richardson of Council Bluffs, Iowa.
- Mandatory Minimum Sentences
- The Nation's Harshest Law
- After the medical marijuana rally on November 15th, see if you can
stay in Lansing an extra day to attend public hearings on Michigan's 650 Lifer drug law.
- D.C. Repeals Mandatory Minimums
- The capitol area's Coalition Against Mandatory Minimum Sentences, organized
by District of Columbia Council member Bill Lightfoot.
- Gramm Tries to Delete Safety Valve
- Last month Senator Phil Gramm of Texas tried to attach a number of
amendments to the District of Columbia Appropriations Bill.
- Wilson Paid Off?
- In the past year, Governor Pete Wilson of California has vetoed medical
marijuana and clean needle exchange legislation.
- Prison Life
- Prison Life magazine, a project of Joint Venture Media, is a slick
glossy catering to prisoners and others concerned with prison issues.
- Too Many Americans in Prison
- Justice reformers are hosting a number of events over the next month.
- Sentencing Today
- Incarceration Rates of Industrialized Nations
- Indian Hemp Report Centennial
- November 1, 1994, marks the 100th anniversary of the "Report of
the Indian Hemp Drugs Commission(1893-94)."
- Marihuana, the Forbidden Medicine
- By Lester Grinspoon M.D. and James Bakalar, Yale University Press,
- Federal Legislation
- H.R. 3347, H.R. 2417, H.R. 4400, H.R. 4230
- We will no longer be printing our full Organizations Directory or State
Listings each month, due to cost concerns.
END THE DRUG WAR